Each contact in your Wistia account has a set of permissions.
These permissions set out the rules for how they can interact with the files in your account.
In general, the permissions users can have are:
- Create Projects
- Upload & Download Media
- Share Media/Projects
- Track Stats and Account Usage Levels
- Create New Contacts
- Embed Videos
The Owner of the Wistia Account has the highest permissions of any user. There is only one Owner-level Contact on each Account, which can be set from the "Settings" screen of the Account Dashboard.
Owners have access to anything a manager or contact does, but in addition, they can:
- Check the Stats of Any Project
- Monitor the Usage of the Account (bandwidth & storage)
- Add new Managers to the Account
- Change the Logo, Name, or URL on the Account
- Cancel the Wistia Account
"Managers" in Wistia are the controllers of the content in accounts. Managers can do things like add Projects, upload medias, and share those Projects/videos with new viewers. They can also control contacts, create new groups, and send messages out to those contacts.
- Create and manage projects
- Create new viewers and manage their permissions
- Upload video and other media content
- Invite viewers to privately view video
- View tracking statistics for private video sharing
- Publish videos to third party websites (also called "embedding a video")
- View embedded video statistics
- Receive email alerts for account activity
"Contacts" must be created by the Account owners or Managers. The access that contacts have can be limited to viewing a specific Project, and the videos contained therein. When a contact is created, their access can also include things like the ability to upload new content, download content, and share content. Contacts by default are required to create a password to access the system, however this can be turned off as well.